Monday, April 27, 2009

First Snow of... Spring?

Its days like these that make people move to Florida...

Yesterday the 26th of APRIL it snowed. Heavy too. We received almost a foot of snow in several hours. I had to dig my car out to use it, and almost had to shovel the driveway! I walked into church in the morning and in the 20 ft walk to the door I was coated in snow and looked like Frosty the snowman really had come back.

Then suddenly as it had come it departed. I came home in the snow, took a nap and when I woke up it was green again. It caught me by surprise both times. In the morning it took my brain quite a while to figure out what was wrong about the snow outside. I kept thinking snow is normal... but for some reason I don't think it should be here... OH! WHAT THE...! After it was gone same story. I looked outside and a little snow remained here and there and looked like soggy toilet paper. I was trying to figure out who would TP our house, then suddenly recalled it had snowed that morning. (I was having some real problems waking up that day :)

Idaho really has some odd weather patterns. I wish snow in April, May, or June was a super rare exception, but it happens more often than we would expect. It usually leads to a late frost which really frustrates farmers. So much for Global Warming.

2 comments:

  1. We're crossing our fingers that you don't send the snow our way! Our fruit trees are in bloom. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete