Tuesday, March 24, 2009

And I think to myself...

I was looking at my header background and was reminded of the beauty of this world. That picture was taken in Idaho my home state. This beautiful state is home to all kinds of environments from sagebrush covered deserts to beautiful forests and lakes. I love the beauty of the west, such a dynamic landscape nestled in the Rockies.

I particularly love river valleys. and in the south central part of the state there is a beautiful region known as Thousand Springs. Where many many rivers that had soaked into the porous basalt foundation of eastern Idaho suddenly come bursting out of the ground as many springs and rivers twisting along joining the Snake river as it flows through the Snake River Valley.

Such a picturesque scene is a great source of inspiration to me, and helps to remind me of the power of God and his creations. Such beauty inspires the mind and frees the spirit, and I find it is in these moments my best work comes forth.

Perhaps I am being to wordy, but I couldn't help but share some thoughts that struck me. What a wonderful world!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for a reminder of the beauty of this world created just for us! How our Father in Heaven must have loved us.

    ReplyDelete